FABRIC MASKS (mouth and nose covering) - a good addition in the fight against Covid-19
What can these fabric masks be used for?
This mouth and nose covering is a temporary mask. It is not a medical product nor personal protective equipment (PPE). However, the Federal Institute for Drugs and Medical Devices states:
"Despite the limitations of these "non-medical masks," as items of protective clothing, they can help reduce the spread of respiratory droplets, when for example, the person coughs. They also help visibly raise the awareness of "social distancing" as well as provide protection for the wearer and those around them. In this way, the mask wearer can contribute to reducing the further spread of SARS-CoV-2. Tightly woven fabrics are, therefore, more suitable than lightly woven ones".
The usual hygiene regulations must still be adhered to, as well as keeping the recommended distance of at least 1.50 meters away from other people.
The fabric masks are useful as temporary face coverings
Wherever you come into close contact with other people, such as in the car, on public transport, while shopping or anywhere else... the fabric mask protects others as it can help reduce the risk of infection, and minimise the number of fine droplets that you spread in the air by sneezing, coughing or even talking.
These fabric masks are specially designed so you can easily insert a second layer as an additional filter. While these temporary masks do not offer you full protection against the risk of infection, they are, nevertheless, a useful addition to your usual hygiene practice. The fabric mask also helps to prevent you from touching your mouth or nose.
What are the features of these fabric masks?
The fabric masks from Alpenclassics have all the important features of a mouth and nose mask:
· Washable at 60 degrees
· Tightly woven material. 2-ply.
· An additional second layer can be added
· Skin-friendly thanks to 100% pure cotton material
· Practical rubber bands or flexibly adjustable laces
What are the advantages of these mouth and nose masks?
The biggest advantage of these mouth coverings is that they are reusable and hygienic. The mask can be washed at 60 degrees. This temperature kills all kinds of viruses and bacteria.
Alternatively, the mask can be steam ironed. This is very convenient, since there is no need to wash and dry the mask, and it can be worn immediately afterwards.
The fabric is made of 100% pure cotton. This natural material is skin-friendly and breathable. It is tightly woven and durable.
Most of our fabric masks are made with a practical rubber band. This makes the mask very easy to put on and take off. Alternatively, individual models of this mouth and nose mask are made with bands that are easily attached and tied to the back of the head. Advantage of the masks with bands: Because of the length of the bands, the fabric mask can be worn by both adults and children.
What are the disadvantages of these mouth and nose masks?
This type of temporary mask does not protect you against infections.
How do I wear a fabric mask and what do I have to consider when putting on and taking off the mask?
· When putting on the "fabric mask", care must be taken to ensure that the inside is not contaminated. Your hands should be washed thoroughly with soap before putting on the mask.
· The "fabric mask" must be placed correctly over the mouth, nose and cheeks and must fit as tightly as possible around the edges to minimise air penetration at the sides.
· After the "fabric mask" has been dampened by moisture. it should be taken off and replaced or washed.
· The outer part of the used "fabric mask" is potentially contaminated. To prevent this contamination from spreading to the hands, it should not be touched at all if possible.
· After use, you should only touch the fastening straps of the "fabric mask" and adjust/remove the mask using the straps.
· After taking off the mask, the hands should be washed thoroughly in accordance with the general hygiene rules (at least 20-30 seconds with soap).
· Store the used "mouth and nose masks" as safely as possible in an airtight container or something similar. Alternatively, you may wash them immediately at 60 degrees. They should only be stored for a short time to avoid the formation of mould.
· The "fabric mask" must be washed before wearing it for the first time!
Attention: the "fabric mask" can only be worn once before it gets washed at 60 degrees. Alternatively, it can be steam ironed. Only then will you have a hygienic mouth covering.
How is this type of mouth covering cleaned?
The face mask can be washed at 60 degrees in the washing machine or steam ironed at a high temperature.
Afterwards, the temporary mask will be free of all kinds of viruses & bacteria.
This mouth and nose covering is a temporary mask. It is not a medical product nor personal protective equipment (PPE). The masks have not been tested or certified for use in the health care or medical sector, occupational health and safety or as other protective equipment to protect against infections, viruses or other harmful substances, such as airborne particles. Wearers cannot rely on these masks to protect them or others from transmission of SARS-CoV-2. The manufacturer is exempt from any liability. Any claim for damages against Alpenclassics due to bodily injury or harm to the user’s health, - whether to the user or the respective party - is excluded.